Curtis accepts a limited number of cases so that he can devote the necessary time to review your case. If you are seeking a professional, independent, Security Management Consultant to advise you honestly and objectively, for better or worse, regarding the merits of your case - we can assist you with: premise liability; security policies; practices and procedures; crime foreseeability; standards of care; negligent hiring and retention; inadequate training; retail security relating to parking lots and garages.
- Plaintiff's Expert involving the detention and arrest of an employee of a "Big Box" major retailer located in Maryland. The criminal charge was dropped by the prosecution and the case was settled in favor of the plaintiff.
- Plaintiff's Expert involving inadequate security in the death of a patron by four juveniles at a carryout/gas station located in Mississippi. This case was settled in favor of the plaintiff.
- Defense Expert involving inadequate security in the death of a female in an parking structure at a New York mall. The retailer was excused from the suit by the Supreme Court of New York.
- Plaintiff's Expert involving the improper detention of a shoplifting suspect and her minor son at a retailer located in Michigan. There was a settlement in favor or the Plaintiffs.
- Plaintiff's Expert involving employees chasing a shoplifting suspect through the store causing severe injuries to a customer in Virginia. At trial the jury found for the plaintiff and the verdict was appealed.to the Virginia State Supreme Court refused to hear the case, effectively upholding the jury verdict.
Michael L. G., Esq. - "I could not have done it without your help and appreciate everything."
Contact me for:
2019 Expert Witness Agreement
Located in Northern Ohio - Serving Nationwide
WE CONSULT WITH DEFENSE & PLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEYS
RETAIL SECURITY CASES
Curtis was the Ad-Hoc Chairman and Co-Author of the IAPSC committee that reviewed, updated and republished the retail security industry Best Practice: "Detention of Shoplifting Suspects by Loss Prevention and Security Personnel"